Thursday, October 9, 2008

Why Do They Bully?

Dictionary.com defines bullying as: "a blustering, quarrelsome, overbearing person who habitually badgers and intimidates smaller or weaker people." Definitely not a person I want to know or even meet.

But...we both know that bullies are not always so obvious. They are more like wolves in sheeps' clothing at times. (I almost hestitate to use that phrase since some of you do not know what "brown-nosing" means! Am I dating myself again? No, not going out on a date with myself, but showing my age!)

These bullies to whom I am referring are subtle and sneaky and sly, which is often more hurtful than if the bully were open and overt and obstinate. Do you agree?

Tell me: why do you think bullies bully?

4 comments:

MEASELS said...

There are many reason a kid can be a bully but in my opinion the main reason is because they are insecure about there self and take it out on other people.

Why we think? said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
paul said...

I believe that bullies bully because they were raised up being taught that bullying is right. I also believe that some kids are not taught right from wrong, and some bully because they feel bad about themselfs and they need to make up for it.

Tammy Gillmore said...

What can be done to change bullies?